The Middle School Early Out-Reach Initiative
is a program designed to reach out to middle school students to help them see Blacks in a successful environment and to inspire better performance in high school as preparation for college.
Prairie View A & M University opened their campuses to SABCCSG students. We were the first out-of-state group to attend.
Additional tours in the program include NASA’s Houston Space Center and the Buffalo Soldier Museum.
- Students get on campuses early
- Students observe learning can take place in a predominately African American setting
- Students see presidents, administrators and students attending college
- Students are immersed in the environment and encouraged to take notes for their future plans
- Students learn the importance of early outreach
- Students learn about career vs. job upon graduation
- Students are inspired to enter high school with long-range goals