Career Planning Workshops Target Family Participation:
Families as an integrated unit are a powerful force for success.
- Counselors assist the students and parents in making choices for the future.
- Scholarships opportunities and resource materials are examined and distributed. PSAT, SAT, ACT and FAFSA assistance is provided.
- College tour opportunities are discussed with emphasis on available HBCU* tours
- Students and parents create college and career strategies based on:
– Student strengths, goals and career plans
– College entrance requirements, including recommended student activities, clubs, volunteering, etc.
– Application deadlines
– Testing and test preparation planning and deadlines
– Middle School and High School future goal setting
Donation of $100 covers one student for the full day.
Students receive a day of counselling, activities, meals and material.
Our Goal is to serve 90 students in 2016 in three workshop sessions of 30 students each during the year.
* HBCU – Historic Black Colleges and Universities